After I had the rearend assembly in place, I realized the new rubber brake line hose for a `70 Maverick would not be long enough to reach the original Falcon bracket (seen here below the new one). I asked around about longer ones that would work and was told a hose from a mid-70s F-150 or one from an early V-8 Mustang would work and had a longer hose. I ordered both from a local parts store and brought in my Maverick hose to compare. The problem was the hole in the junction block that the breather (or vent) tube went through was too small. I didn't have time to do any more research so decided to make my own bracket that was longer and would allow me to move it forward enough to give the hose some slack. I attached it using some sheetmetal screws and it worked perfectly. Next –––>

Previous Page

Main Rearend Page